CALL FOR PRESENTERS
European Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Congress (EVECC)
The European Society of Emergency and Critical Care (EVECCS) and College of Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care (ECVECC) are inviting presenter proposals for our: annual European Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Congress, that will take place in the stunning city of Ghent, Belgium, from the 2nd to the 4th of June 2022.
The program will explore a wide range of emergency and critical care clinical issues, covered with different formats and at a variety of levels, allowing us to engage with all participants, from students to specialist clinicians and nurses. The program will also include non-clinical topics, such as non-technical and leadership skills, management, and team well-being.
Veterinarians and veterinary nurses who are interested in becoming EVECC presenters are invited to submit proposals for the following categories and target audiences:
- Refresher stream (30-50 min lectures): for general practitioners, new graduates or clinicians who have recently focused on Emergency and Critical Care (ECC);
- Advanced stream (30-50 min lectures): for specialists and residents in ECC and allied disciplines, interns and advanced practitioners. The lectures should provide critical and in-depth review of a topic with content predominantly derived from evidence-based literature/research/advanced clinical practice expertise. It should promote discussion at a level appropriate for an audience practising at a specialist level;
- Nurse stream (30-50 min lectures): targeting nurses dedicated to, or having a special interest in ECC;
- Resident stream (30 min lectures): for candidates undergoing specialist training in ECC. Lectures should address specific topics which are relevant for board exam preparation;
- Laboratories (3-4h): including dry and wet-labs; targeted at all levels.
Proposals for innovative sessions such as debates, round tables, joint multi-disciplinary lectures and interactive lecturesare encouraged in all streams.
We encourage submission of multiple proposals as we can usually accept between 3-5 lectures per speaker. Please email your proposals (lecture title, length, suggested stream or type of laboratory, and a brief 300-word summary describing content and learning objectives) along with a short biography to firstname.lastname@example.org.
April 30th, 2021: Final submission process for EVECC Congress 2022
by July 31st, 2021: Invitations to present at EVECC Congress sent to speakers
If your proposal is selected, you will be notified by the 31st of July 2021. If you have not heard from us by this date then your proposal will not have been included for 2022, but please rest assured it will remain on our database for future years.
Please do not hesitate to email us for further clarification if needed.
Looking forward to seeing you at our next EVECC Congress!
Local Organizing Committee Chair
Giacomo Stanzani and Stefano Cortellini
EVECC Scientific Committee Joint Chairs