Opening abstract submission: 15th January 2020
Deadline abstract submission: 7th of March 2020 23:59 hrs. GMT +1
Confirmation of acceptance/rejection: 8th of April 2020
Registration presenting author: before the 15th of April 2020
Anyone working in areas related to point of care ultrasound in emergency and critical care is encouraged to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations. There will be both an oral abstract and a poster session.
When submitting an abstract, please remember that ethical concerns will be strongly taken into account. We encourage authors to be particularly attentive and watchful of this point.
These should represent original research not yet published or presented elsewhere. Abstracts can only be submitted via e-mail to the scientific committee.
Abstracts must be submitted before the 16th of February 2020 to be considered for publication. Confirmation of acceptance/rejection will be given to the presenting author before the 1st of April 2020.
Authors whose abstracts are accepted will have to register for the symposium before the 15th of April 2020.
Abstracts may be presented in either oral or poster format. The VECCUS Scientific Committee will make the final decision regarding the type of presentation (oral presentation or poster).
Accepted abstracts may be considered for publication in The Ultrasound Journal if accepted by its editorial board.
General Abstract guidelines:
- Abstracts should be 400 words not including title, author names, affiliations.
- Title: Calibri, Size 10, Bolded, with no full stop at the end and no underlining.
- Authors: Calibri, size 10, First name and surname only with superscript number per Institution/Company.
- Corresponding author: Please make sure to underline his name in the authors selection as mentioned above.
- Affiliations: Superscript number, Institution/Company, City, Country (without postal address)
- Subsections (eg, Background, Materials and methods, Results, Conclusions) are required and should be bolded and followed by a single line spacing.
- Acknowledgements: Brief acknowledgements may be included and should be placed after Conclusions and before the References.
- References: All references should be cited/called out consecutively in the text, using numbers in square brackets.
- No tables, figures, footnotes or bibliography should be included. Tables are only allowed in exceptional circumstances.
- Avoid symbols or special formatting – preferable to write out words rather than use symbols.
Requirements for reviewing:
Research communications are automatically rejected without further scrutiny if they:
- Are received after the closing date
- Exceed 400 words in length (excluding title and author details)
- Are not written in scientific English
- Are too preliminary in nature or are deemed to be of low scientific quality
- Contain tables, graphs or figures
- Are not relevant to relevant to point of care emergency and critical care ultrasound
- If you should have any questions, please contact the scientific committee
On behalf of the entire organizing committee:
Andrea Armenise Chair of the Scientific Committee
Søren Boysen, DVM DACVECC, Member at large
For questions regarding abstracts, please contact the scientific committee
with special thanks to our partners: