The European Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (EVECCS) invites submission of abstracts for communications and case reports at its 18th Scientific Congress in Tallinn, Estonia.
Opening abstract submission: 17 December 2018.
Deadline abstract submission: 28 February at 23.59, GMT +1.
Confirmation of acceptance/rejection: 1 April 2019.
Registration presenting author: 30 April at 23.59, GMT +1.
Anyone working in areas related to emergency and critical care is encouraged to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentations. There will be an oral abstract session for small animal veterinarians and also a poster session for both veterinarians and veterinary nurses/technicians.
Abstract submission is CLOSED!
General Abstract Guidelines:
When submitting an abstract, please remember that ethical concerns will be strongly taken into account. We encourage authors to be particularly attentive and watchful of this point.
Original studies: these should represent original research not yet published or presented elsewhere.
Case reports: these reports should describe new or rare disease conditions or new diagnostic or therapeutic modalities related to emergency and critical care. Case reports describing innovative techniques or approaches to managing clinical conditions and complications are encouraged. The report will usually be of one or more clinical cases. If accepted, case reports will be presented as posters and will not be published in the Journal of Emergency and Critical Care.
Deadlines: Abstracts must be submitted before the 1st of March 2019 to be considered for publication. Confirmation of acceptance/rejection will be given to the presenting author before the 1st of April 2019.
Awards: best oral presentation and posters will be awarded. During the submission process please indicate whether or not you wish to participate to the competition.
Authors whose abstracts are accepted will have to register for the congress before the 1st of May 2018. Otherwise, the abstract will not be published in the proceedings.
1. Submission of Original studies
Abstracts may be presented in either oral or poster format. The EVECCS/ECVECC Scientific Joined Committee will make the final decision regarding the type of presentation (oral presentation or poster).
Accepted abstracts of original studies only (not case reports) may be considered for publication in the Journal of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care if accepted by its editorial board..
Original research abstracts:
- Abstracts should be 350 words not including title, author names, affiliations.
- No tables, figures, footnotes or bibliography should be included. Tables are only allowed in exceptional circumstances.
- Avoid symbols or special formatting – preferable to write out words rather than use symbols.
- Subsections (eg, Introduction, Background, Objective, Methods, Results, Discussion, Conclusions) are required and should be bolded and followed by a colon.
2. Submission of Case Reports
Case reports may be presented in poster format and they will not be published in the Journal of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care.
- Abstracts should be 350 words, not including title, author names and affiliations.
- No tables, figures, footnotes, or bibliography should be included. Tables are only allowed in exceptional circumstances.
- Avoid symbols or special formatting – preferable to write out words rather than use symbols
- Subsections (eg, Complete history and signalment, Complete diagnostic investigation, Therapy including outcome and follow-up, Discussion should follow the case report highlighting the new or unique information that the case report provides.) are required.
- For multiple cases, each patient needs not be individually described, but differences and similarities should be noted.
Requirements for reviewing:
Research communications are automatically rejected without further scrutiny if they:
- Are not submitted on-line
- Are received after the closing date
- Exceed 350 words in length (excluding title and author details)
- Are not written in scientific English
- Are too preliminary in nature or are deemed to be of low scientific quality
- Contain tables, graphs or figures
- Are not relevant to relevant to the emergency and critical care field
- If you should have any questions, please contact the congress secretary
Prizes and Awards:
The presenting author will get a discount registration fee for the full congress.
During the Congress all presentations and posters will be judged and awards will be handed over under one of these three categories:
- Best Oral Presentation
- Best Poster (original study)
- Best Poster (clinical cases)
Winners will receive a generous financial reward made possible by Braun Vet Care
Winners of the Best ORAL Abstract will receive free registration to the IVECCS Symposium in Washington D.C., on September 6-10th 2019, gratefully granted by the Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society (VECCS).
Chair of the Scientific Committee
For questions regarding abstracts: firstname.lastname@example.org